The Trango Towers

                                                 "The Trango Towers"

                   




The Trango Towers are a group of granite spires rising from the north side of Baltoro Glacier in northern Pakistan. Their name almost sounds like a newly developed skyscraper and in a way they actually show some similarities: they are steep and nearly vertical. The highest of the spires, 6286m high Great Trango Tower has one of the world’s highest near-vertical drops at 1340m




The Towers offer some of the largest cliffs and most challenging rock climbing in the world. The east face of the Great Trango Tower features the world's greatest nearly vertical drop.





By Austrian athlete David Lama on his recent Expeditions in Pakistan: "I had major expectations on my expedition to Pakistan. My main goal was to climb the Trango Tower, but already before I started the journey and saw the Karakoram with my own eyes,... I wanted to leave my eyes wide open for new, future challenges …" 


><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><